Heading over for #BalikKampung? Check out our simple 5 Roadtrip Driving tips for a safer driving below and don’t forget to still practise the social norm in your roadtrip!
1. Check your vehicle in advance Long-distance driving require huge amount of power from your engine. Therefore, the working parts have to work harder for a longer period of time than the usual. The only things that keeping these parts from falling off, is the lubricant and water to keep it cool. Check the water and oil level while the engine is cold to avoid unnecessary stress on your engine.
2. Check your tyres Besides your engine, your tyres produce equal or not more heat than your engine as it comes to contact with the surface road under high speed through traction. As it heats up, the tyres expand to allow maximum contact. Underinflated or overinflated tyres will cause an uneven amount of heat distribution in the tyres which cause uneven wear or in worse case scenario, loss of traction.
3. Plenty of rest Driving without sufficient rest may cause slower response, alert and thinking. Driving demand constant focus, thinking and response and keeping it for a long period time can be straining for some, especially without an initial proper rest to begin with. Get a minimum of 2 hours rest before your drive if the time is tight!
4. Stay hydrated Keep maximum energy by being well hydrated and keeping the water supply accessible to you. Water helps in cooling you down especially if you’re driving in a warm environment and harsh sun rays on top of keeping a healthy blood flow. A downside to this will be frequent R&R stops but this gives you more opportunity to stretch out those muscles!
5. Plan your stops! One of the crucial tips is to get out and stretch. Driving demand high amount of energy and is hard for some to keep it for a long time. Constant stops will help driver in refreshing their focus and muscle. Give your arms, neck, and lower body a good dynamic stretching before continue with your drive.
Lim Tayar provides FREE 15-point check that covers all your basic car checklist in ensuring a safer journey for our customers through our 15 point check. We’re open 7 days a week, including public holiday! Looking for a reliable service centre? Look no further than Lim Tayar!